The internet can be a great place and lots of fun for kids, but you need to be careful and remember not to talk to strangers you meeting online. You should follow the same rules you have with your parents when you meet a stranger on the street. Nver give your real name, telephone number, or address to anyone you meet online, even if they tell you they are a kid or a police officer. If anyone asks for your name or address, don’t tell them and go tell your parents right away!
You can play on the internet and stay safe if you follow a few simple rules:
- Never give out your address, telephone number, parents work address or telephone number, or the name and location of your school without your parent’s permission.
- Tell your parents right away if you come across any information that makes you feel uncomfortable.
- Never get together with someone you meet online. They might not be who they say they are!
- Never send a person your picture or anything else.
- Talk to your parents about their rules for using the internet and remember to follow them!
Bicycle Safety Tips
- Ride “with” traffic. Keep to the right side of the road
- Obey all traffic regulations
- Use proper hand signals for turning or stopping
- Stop and look both ways in order to make sure that sidewalks or streets are clear before entering a street.
- Walk your bicycle across busy streets at corners or crosswalks.
- Use proper headlights and a red taillight or reflector when riding at night
- Wear approved safety gear
- Show off. Keep your hands on the handlebars.
- Zigzag, race or stunt ride in traffic.
- Hitch rides on trucks or cars